ISO 50001, a universal framework to manage energy costs and cut greenhouse gas emissions. Energy has become a key metric for companies. Saving energy means saving operational costs. Energy consumption also implies reducing greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrating greater care for natural resources.
ISO 50001 is expected to impact 60% of total global energy consumption
- ISO 50001 is an internationally recognized energy management system (EnMS) standard published by (International Organization of Standardization)
- Energy Management Systems offer a structured and comprehensive approach for improving energy efficiency
- EnMS Audits will enable your organization to improve energy management, detect potential savings and will serve as a management milestone
Benefits of implementing an Energy Management System
With the implementation of ISO 50001 management system, companies gain a solid competitive advantage and achieve significant savings.
Energy intense industries and other sectors can also see significant improvements in their energy use by optimizing their consumption and using more renewable energy:
- Objective and exhaustive vision on energy uses and consumption
- Projection of future consumption and list of saving opportunities
- Establish a baseline and monitoring of operations
- Motivational lever for staff
- Reporting tool for stakeholders
- Proof of commitment to sustainability
ISO 50001 can be easily integrated into existing Quality, Safety, and/or Environment Management Systems, for all types of organizations looking to monitor and improve their energy efficiency.
Multiple management systems can be audited simultaneously during the same audit in order to optimize costs